Hey there, 
Have you ever waited for something really special? Like something just really good like Christmas, a birthday, or summer break? Well for me this thing that was special was my mission call. I had completed all my papers, and turned them in at around the end of April. When I did this I thought, "oh hey it should be here in like two to three weeks and everyone in school will get to see and this is gonna be so cool..." I should have reflected back to previous experiences, but for me it seemed that nothing went right in my life. Ever. 
After three weeks had passed and no call came, My Stake President called me up saying that my call was going to take a while, some things had to be checked.. With that I was ok, I could wait just a little longer, I mean there were still about two weeks of school left and it could come maybe one of those two. I was wrong. 
I had waited for my call for over 8 weeks. 8 FREAKIN' WEEKS. School had ended, I had graduated, yet I had not become an official Elder. I had seen numerous friends now get there calls, and even some leave for their missions, yet here was I, still waiting, still confused and wondering where in the heck my call was. The wait and the anxiety was killing me during this time, and at a point where it affected me personally/emotionally. But after previous times of trial, I was able to cope and manage my stress. And thank goodness for the power of prayer, for without it I do not know what I would do.
So then after coming to conclude with myself again, that everything happens for a reason, and that everything eventually works out in the end, I knew that there was something for me to be taught out of this experience, and that I knew my Heavenly Father loved me and would make sure my call was just perfect. 
So... on Thursday, June 27, I was able to finally open my mission call! The night was practically perfect, as my favorite people in my family, and my most closest friends got to come over and watch me open my call. 
By now I was more anxious than I have ever been during Christmas Eve, or a birthday, or any summer break to come. Now I was high on anticipation, and now I had no clue where I would be going for I could picture myself in the mountains of Africa, or the streets of Tokyo, or even the neighborhoods of the North West. 
But as I read the words, "Dear Elder Black, 
You are herby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission" ... My Heart just burst with joy, and I was filled with happiness. I will admit it was a bit of a surprise, but I will also admit I was relieved and just so thrilled. 
Once the news of my call went over the social web, tons of people came to me and said how they knew someone or know someone serving in Georgia Atalanta. This brought excitement, and even more anticipation to me. Everything will now happen so fast. I leave for the Provo MTC, October 2!I am truly blessed to have so many amazing people in my life. Friends family who always love and care for me. I wonder who I willmeet out in the field, I wonder who lives will touch mine. And I wonder just what will happen. 
It's all part of the thrill I guess |


Leave a Reply.